Anthony and his wife recently found out she had Alopecia Areata. It was a year ago today she started losing her hair. They tried steroid injections, per recommendation, but yielded little success. The steroid injections brought nearly 80 percent of her hair back, but it came back with no color, and large sections of her hair were still missing. They didn’t know where to go or who to talk to, until they found Invisions Hair Studio in Connecticut. Invisions is a Transitions Hair Loss Center for Connecticut.

Once they found Invisions, they had a much better idea for a solution to the Alopecia Areata condition. For anyone, a condition like this can be emotionally taxing, but for a women, it can be even more. Anthony never left her side through the whole process, making sure she knew she was not alone.

To define “Alopecia”, the Academy of Dermatology defines it as hair loss. In regards to Alopecia Areata, that is where the hair falls out in round patches on the scalp and other areas of the body. It’s been rumored that Alopecia can be the result of nerves or can even be contagious. But that is just not true. The hair follicles are attacked by the immune system, thus leading to hair loss. Other than that, the individuals suffering from this condition are otherwise healthy.

A Dermatologist is usually the first step in these cases. He or she will look over any prescriptions or medications you are on, and will also look at your diet. If you pass that, the normal treatment is steroid injections and vitamins. Now if this treatment does not work, it is time to start looking for a hair loss solutions professional who can provide viable hair loss treatments as well as a complete array of surgical or non-surgical hair restoration and hair replacement solutions. These are typically the fastest, non-surgical, solutions to someone dealing with Alopecia Areata.

Related posts

Get Answers Today

Please fill in the info below to schedule a free in-person or virtual consultation with a Transitions member hair loss center near you. You may also call (800) 280-4247.